Saturday, June 29, 2013

Steamy ... vegetables?

One of the main problems I've always had with eating healthier is that I dislike most vegetables.

However, before anyone lifts a finger to nag at me (so not nice to do to a quadriplegic with paralyzed hands - show-offs!) let me say in my defense that I'm an enthusiastic veggie eater if the dish has spices on it or some type of appetizing sauce, preferably hot and spicy.

It's the plain vegetables that do me in.

 In order to encourage myself to eat more veggies, I ordered a steamer so my aide can assist me in exploring new ways to make vegetable dishes exciting...steamy....well you get the point. I've been checking recipes on Pinterest and cooking blogs to get some ideas.

I ran across this blog post about how to make a healthier Thai curry sauce using lite coconut milk, I was eager to share it since I bet I'm not the only person with this issue.    And the good news is that there are ways to make healthier sauces with the better choices we have in lite ingredients these days.

I'll be back to report in on how my cooking adventures with the steamer go.  In the meantime, feel free to share ideas, recipes, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and helpful. Don't make us stew!